Anticipate The Unexpected & Be Prepared
The strange thing about a PR crisis is that you rarely see it coming.
A communications crisis usually comes out the blue and punches you in the gut when you least expect it.
That's why it's essential to have a crisis management plan in place if it does creep up and zap you in the solar plexus.
It may knock the wind out of your lungs for a second or two but if you have a crisis management plan in place, you'll quickly recover and go on to win the battle.
Even the best managed organisations can run into problems but the chances are that top performers already have a crisis management plan in place.
That crisis management plan can cover everything from a major redundancy situation to a catastrophe like an inferno which closes a factory, interrupts production and results in a number of fatalities.
We've been helping organisations, large and small, develop media crisis plans for a quarter of a century. We've learned that when it comes to crisis planning - it's sensible to anticipate the unexpected and be prepared for the worst.
We can help you get a crisis management plan in place so that your company or organisation is in the best possible position should an incident come along.
We start by conducting a risk assessment audit, highlighting where you are vulnerable and exposed.
We will then work with you to put a crisis management plan in place so that you have a crisis blueprint which can swing into action at a moment's notice.
Your crisis management plan will comprise many components including:
- Detailed arrangements for who does what in the event of a crisis
- Management contact information and a manpower alert list
- Press, media and internet contact lists
- The establishment of an off-site communications hub
- Holding statements for anticipated scenarios
- Information pages which can go live on your website in the blink of an eye
- Social media communications
- Customer and supplier communications
- Real time media monitoring
- 24-hour press office cover
The list goes on and on but if you need help we can get you prepared, we can get you trained and we can get you ready.